CARRINGTON EQUINE COLLEGE
In association with Trafford College,
Would you like to do a course that involves horses ?
An outstanding Riding Centre working with an outstanding College to provide an outstanding opportunity
Do you have a passion for horses?
Want to work with these beautiful animals on a daily basis?
Seeking a career in riding, equine and/or stable management?
Want to study full-time in a centre with amazing facilities?
These courses are for You 🙂
LEVEL 1,2,& 3 COURSES NOW AVAILABLE IN HORSE CARE
Our Level one course in Horse Care, focussing upon the principles and practices of horse care and management in a work-based setting.
The learner will focus on areas of interest such as yard work, competition horses, riding, breeding or coaching
You don’t need any previous qualifications or experience to get started.
Fully Funded for 16-18 year olds
The course is for one year when Level 2 in Horse care & Management could be a progressive option at the end of the course.
We also offer City & Guilds Level 2 & 3 Courses in Horse Care & Management plus training towards The British Horse Society’s Stage 1 & 2. The course will also include training towards The British Horse Society’s Preliminary Teacher Training award which is the first qualification required to become a riding school instructor.
This is a 2 or 3 year full-time study programme based at Carrington Riding Centre.
Brief Description of the Course:
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Equine Care (1 Year)
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate in Equine Management (Year 1) converting to a Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in year 2
This will include studying topics such as:
- Yard management
- Equine health
- Tack and equipment
- Riding and exercising horses
- Horse handling
- Extensive hands-on work experience
- Plus more…
- BHS Horse Knowledge, Care and Riding Stage 1 (in year 1) and Stage 2 training in year 2, PTT training in year 2 (essential and highly valued industry specific qualifications which are a bench mark for employers)
- You must be aged 16-18 years old by 31st August on year of application to receive funding
- For Level 3 you will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including maths and English
- For Level 2 you will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade 3 or above including maths and English
- Maths and English are part of our study programme and must be re-sat through Trafford College if grades are not at grade 4
- All applicants require an interview which is held at Carrington
- Prior experience is not essential for Level 2 however is recommended for Level 3 (there are options to do crash courses at Carrington Riding Centre before enrolment)
This course is for those who wish to seek entry into employment in a variety of types of work, such as riding stables, stud farms, livery stables and ancillary industries.
Students will gain work experience at Carrington Riding Centre by undertaking yard duties during riding school hours. Students will also gain work experience through their core module : Work experience in the horse sector.
Please note that we have a 14 stone weight restriction for all riders who wish to enrol onto any of these courses. Riders will be weighed at our discretion
All riders must wear a riding hat approved to current standard and suitable clothing and footwear whenever participating in riding activities
Visit our college website at: www.
carringtonequinecollege.co.uk for more info
Trafford College has been rated good by Ofsted for its teaching and learning excellence. It has 5 National Skills Academies for excellence in training and offers hundreds of courses. Young people leaving school can choose from traditional academic or vocational courses; adults can take up learning for the first time or enhance their career with higher level qualifications and employers can use the College’s business training unit to help upskill their employees. In addition, the College has Beacon Status, making it one of the top 8% in the country, and STEM Assured status for the quality of its delivery of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
COME OVER & MEET OUR FRIENDLY STAFF & HAVE A LOOK AROUND 🙂
For more information see www.trafford.ac.uk
Inspiring minds and connecting people.