Bring your class or community group for an informative day visit to our farm.
As part of a new initiative, we are trying to encourage more young people tp participate in the sport of horse riding. Riding is an extremely enjoyable way for young people to get more excercise, appreciate the open air and learn about the responsibility that comes with being involved in the care and welfare of animals, which can, in turn contribute to the young person’s wider personal and social development.
Consequently, we are inviting you to consider using our approved Riding School as a venue for external visits as part of the extended curriculum or community organised activity. We can accomodate up to 16 young people between the ages of 4-16 on one visit.
The structure of the day would include:
- A half hour or full hour (depending on requirements) beginner’s lesson per young person.
- Comprehensive tour of the Riding School.
- Grooming demonstration followed by an opportunity for the young person to practise the observed skills.
- Instruction on saddlery and tacking up horses.
- Presentation on basic stable management and equine behaviour.
- Opportunity to watch one of our instructors jumping a course followed by time for questions and answers about how we break and school young horses.
- Lunch and drinks can be provided by prior arrangement.
Please note that young people will be supervised the whole time and we can tailor these days to suit your groups age and ability.
To promote this initiative, we are offering an introductory discounted rate which starts from £15 per person.